Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hey "Two Cents"

Hello my name is Mike Domini and I am currently a Sophomore at the University of Minnesota Duluth. I am majoring in Secondary Social Studies Education and minoring in Coaching.

I'm excited about my opportunity to contribute to the "Two Cents" nation and hope you enjoy my posts. Until now I am a first-time blogger but am an avid sports fan. I follow just about every sport out there but I will most likely be keeping all of you up-to-date with the hockey world.

Hockey has been my favorite sport to watch and play since the age of 2. I grew up in northern Wisconsin, learning to skate practically before I could walk. Growing up with a coach and also former NHL standout, Calder Trophy winner (Rookie of the Year), Silver Medalist, and member of the 1989 Calgary Flame Stanley Cup Champions, although he may be more famous for knocking Wayne Gretzky out of the '91 Canada Cup with a body check or knocking Paul Kariya unconscious and forcing him to miss the '98 Olympics, Gary Suter is one of the biggest reasons I am a Blackhawk fan today. He played for the Chicago Blackhawks from 1994 to 1998-when I was 4 until I was 8- he was then traded to the San Jose Sharks. I am also a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers. I would like to throw a shout-out and thanks to Jimmy Oxley and Brendan Sweeney for giving me this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment