Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weeks out for the Year

Well many are ready to write off the Brewers once again after the heart-breaking injury of Rickie Weeks; I believe it is another opportunity for the young Brewers to find a new superstar. Mat Gamel's recent promotion seems as if it could not have come at a better time. While the true reason for his promotion was to hit as DH during the inter league play I believe that this Weeks' injury means Mat Gamel will be a regular starter for the Brewers. I see versatile Bill Hall stepping up as an everyday 2B and Gamel and Craig Counsell splitting time at 3B. I think Ken Macha is going to show off his creativeness with lineups. I think Corey Hart will have to step up as the leadoff with speed and lack of power this year.

I see our new lineup as follows:
1. Hart RF
2. Gamel 3B
3. Braun LF
4. Fielder 1B
5. Cameron CF
6. Hall 2B
7. Hardy SS
8. Kendall C
9. Pitcher


I also think another option is trying to move up Escobar and toy with Hardy, Hall, Gamel, and Escobar to find the hottest 3 at 2B, SS, and 3B.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping he wouldn't get injured because I was looking forward to a post about his supposed steroid use.

    ReplyDelete