Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Best shot of the............

(Blogging from Majic Office, shout out requested by Michael Jurken)

When watching Lebron James' game winning shot against the Magic in game, I thought, "that shot was the best shot I have seen in....." and I wondered how good was that shot. It was the best shot I have seen this playoffs... this season...and Lebron James' career... but was it the best I had seen in the last five years? Was this the best shot at the end of game I have ever seen in my life. Is this shot better than Jordan's pushoff of Bryon Russell.

LEBRON'S SHOT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIO2Ug8jq3E)

When saying something is the best shot many things need to be considered: importance of shot and game, difficulty, and situation of the series. While I do enjoy James' shot it was game two, not a game six or seven to end a series. Jordan's ended his first career, many great shots of my lifetime to end series maybe have more significance. But although it did not end the series with the Magic being up 3-1 the series may be over had he not hit it. If they do come back to win the series it could have just as much significance as any game 7 shot. The difficulty of the shot rivals any last second playoff winner I have seen, it being a fade away three pointer with a hand in his face. Jordan's great shots were from the elbow or a little inside three point line, this shot was a bomb.

The significance of the shot is I believe while Jordan had many shots at the end of his career to solidify his greatness, I believe this shot is first of many of young James' career that will define him as clutch. In previous seasons many times Lebron could be seen missing shots at the end of games and key free throws, this however I feel will be a thing of the past and clutch Lebron will be the thing he will be remembered for.

The real question with the Cavs is will they find ANYBODY who can play with him. I wonder whether the Cavs without Lebron could beat this YMCA basketball team (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiX0lFlbB1E). Mo Williams is shooting 33% in the series and West and other players are spotty and average at best. Its a shame Lebron does have a Pippen that will make him unable to match Jordan's rings.


But that is just my TWO CENTS FROM THE NOSE BLEEDS....

1 comment:

  1. Lebron is only 24 I believe, Jordan had won nothing to that point in his career, he will have time, and most likely a title or three when it is all said and done.

    ReplyDelete