Thursday, June 18, 2009

Series of the Year

I just got a message from my brother that he doesn't know how I feel about the Brewers because I don't blog anymore. Sorry I have been pretty busy lately (not true but sounds good).

After watching the nail biting victory tonight I realized I have never been more pleased with the Brewers. Last season when we made the playoffs I was overwhelmed with joy but we still weren't playing our best baseball and benefited off a super human and another Mets collapse. Right now I am down right PROUD of the Brewers.

The Brewers the first few months of the season have been truly remarkable. People that complain at parties forget just 4 years ago we were an embarrassment. Everybody on the Brewers has had a stretch of the season where they have performed to their best of their ability and many players are having the best seasons of their young careers. I will quickly go down and give a short analysis of some Brewers.

Braun- Braun is our MVP and is playing like, for the first time in his career he giving you 4 good at bats everyday at the ball park. He is Mr. Consistency with a flair for late game heroics. One thing I think has been overlooked is his excellence in left. He isn't just average it he is becoming a great Left fielder making highlight plays more and more. I love Braun and would not trade him for anybody in the leauge.

Fielder- I think his best year of career, leading the leauge in RBI's and Walks. His on base percentage is top 5 in the leauge and he is a patient hitter who is clutch with runners in scoring position. I really have loved Fielder this year and want him to sign long term and think it is really important for Brewers franchise in future.

Weeks- So proud of first half, injury really hurt but maybe a long time 2nd basemen if he can keep up what he was doing first half. Hats off to Randolph for his work with Weeks.

Cameron- Great first half, struggling as of late, big power numbers and is a great leader and CF.

Hart- Good season, solid every day player been very hot lately!

Hardy- Although he has been struggling has been coming on as of late. Seemed to have Weeks sydrom for a while when he was hitting ball hard straight to guys.

Kendall- Struggling hitting think this is his last season as the Brewers but doesn't have grit. He has been hitting great as of late though but think we have a lot of good young prospects. Although Salome has struggled this season with his back problems.

Hall- Struggling hitting but making nice plays in field.

Counsell- Can't say enough about his importantce to the team. Stepped up when Weeks got hurt and is having a Comeback Player of the Year type season.

McGahee- So happy with his production, stud.. This year's Gabe Kaplar

Suppan- Having a better year and been very good since bad 1st 2 starts.

Yovanni- Stud, Ace, Cy Young canidate can't ask for more

Bush- Gritty, good season

Looper- Pitching what I expected getting a lot of run support

Hoffman- STUD

COFFEY- LOVE HIM

DiFelice- Very impressive

All of RPs are pitching lights out biggest suprise and biggest reason for great first half


I LOVE THESE BREWERS SO PROUD!!

But that's just my TWO CENTS FROM THE NOSE BLEEDS

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Hardy, he will come along, continues to hit the ball hard, just right to people....

    Also right on with Fielder... everyone was talking about trading him for pitching... his departure would mean the end of the playoff runs in my opinion, can't do it without Fielder

    Bullpen has been huge, but probably will regress in the last 2/3 of the season....

    Macha man has been solid and I like he doesn't play small ball overall.

    Huge series- this team goes hot, then cold.. Rockies series, big difference than this series... just hope the rest of the NL Central stays cold the rest of the year and snag a playoff spot.

    All I hope for is the team to play meaningful games in September... with so few playoff teams every year... that is all fans can ask for

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the second half of the game yesterday. It was most definitely epic. I thought it was going to be a breeze into the win, and then boom goes the dynamite. We held on, another close one for that series... See you soon!

    ReplyDelete