Friday, February 24, 2012

Rodgers Continues Support of Braun


When Ryan Braun's suspension was handed out back in Decemeber, Green Bay Packer quarterback Aaron Rodgers was quick to defend his close friend (and fellow MVP).

"Ryan and I are good buddies, probably my best athlete friend and we keep in touch obviously throughout the year. 


I would say I 100 percent support Ryan and believe in him and it’s not going to affect our friendship in the least. I’m 100 percent supporting him and behind him and believe in everything that he says."

Yesterday, when Braun officially won his appeal of the 50 game suspension imposed for a positive drug test, Rodgers quickly congratulated his friend via Twitter, with extensive use of the hashtag "exonerated."
Rodgers let loose a string of five or six tweets, all in support of Braun, closing with the following:
Braun is expected to speak today when he reports to Brewer training camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment