Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MY Two Cents from the Nosebleeds at Miller Park

I was lucky enough to go to my first Brewers game of the year last night at Miller Park. From the 15th row of terrace reserved here's some observations I have from the game:
  • Rickie Weeks looked really good. Hit a nice HR to the opposite field, drew a couple walks and played good defense. If he stays healthy, I expect a big season.

  • Which Carlos Gomez will we see this season? The one that went 4 for 5 during the first game of the year or the one that went 0 for 4 last night? He's known as more of a free-swinger. Hopefully he can put together a full season of consistent hitting in the 2nd spot.

  • Gregg Zaun did not look good. It's still early but he was the definition of a rally killer. I'd still rather have him over Kendall though.

  • Randy Wolf was solid, not spectacular. Nonetheless, he kept us in the game and we gave him a nice standing ovation at the end. He acknowledged it after the game, saying he appreciated it but he felt he was better than that. I like that attitude.

  • LaTroy Hawkins was throwing the heat. He looked realllllly good.

  • Yes, I was rooting against the Brewers scoring another run in the bottom of the 8th so I could hear Hell's Bells for the first time ever at Miller Park. It was absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment