Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Brandon Jennings


Because of my lack of posting I have been unable to blog about my new favorite athlete. Brandon Jennings, picked 10th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks, some believed was a risky pick after "failing in Europe" has proved those scouts wrong. Jennings has dominated just about every game he has played in, taking the difficult shots and making any play the Bucks have asked. He has gone toe-to-toe with Carmelo and Rose, and showed the stars that he is no joke. He is now on people's MVP watch list after putting up 55 on Saturday, 45 of the points coming in the 2nd half. Basketball Prospectus says Jennings had one of the most efficient quarter in the history of basketball. Jennings who is averaging 25.5 points a game, 5.5 assists, 4.8 rebounds a game has really made his name known early in this NBA season.
Jennings entering the league, has done two things for me as a "fan". First, I have been meaning to get into NBA, for a few years and Jennings may be the player that puts me over the hump to start watching regularly. I have started reading Bill Simmons' "The Book of Basketball" and have been watching more and more basketball. I believe that this may be a new "Golden Age of Basketball". I do not mind the lack of parity in basketball because I think it has created enough good teams where there is always good basketball on. Any given night I would watch certain teams and players, they include Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Lakers, Chris Paul, Magic, Suns, Spurs, Carmelo Anthony, Celtics, and now Brandon Jennings. The nice part of this is every night you seem to get these people playing each other which makes basketball intriguing again. I think when we look back this may be considered the "2nd Golden Age of Basketball".
The second thing Jennings did was make me believe in the Bucks team. I believe when Redd comes back they will be a stronger team however, I think Bucks need another "Young Buck" to be a quality team. With Jennings and a player like Kevin Durant, OJ Mayo, or someone of that caliber and age they could really have a special backcourt that could bring them to the next level. If they do sign or trade for another big time player they could be the Bucks of the Ray Allen days.

BUT THAT'S JUST MY TWO CENTS FROM THE NOSE BLEEDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment